We are very excited to announce that CSLL intends to have both Intermediate (11-13) and Junior (12-14) baseball teams for the 2017 season. We have commitment from enough players to operate both programs. All other Little League programs including Majors (9-12 years old) continue as before.
Intermediate – 11-13 years old
– played with a 50′ pitching distance and a 70′ base path
– lead offs allowed
– 300′ fence at Centennial Park. 200′ fence at Hampton Park.
– play teams in Victoria Little League (2016 had CS, Beacon Hill, Lakehill and Hampton teams)
– the 2016 tournament team won provincials and went on to Calgary for Canadians.
– a great program to transition from the 46/60 infield of Majors before going to Juniors
Junior – 12-14 years old
– played with a 54′ pitching distance and an 80′ base path in regular season
– tournament ball mandates a 60′ pitching distance and 90′ base path (full size infield)
– lead offs allowed
– 300′ fence at Centennial Park
– combined teams within Victoria Little League played out of CS. Players from other parks already committed.
– games played both at CS and in Vancouver (2-4 weekend day trips to carpool – double headers)
– leagues committed to play CS include Langley, New Westminister, Coquitlam and others
– we will ask BC Minor Bantam teams to play us as well
Note – Little League has announced that players of qualifying age can opt to play 1 or 2 divisions at Majors and above.
ie 11-13 can play Majors and/or Intermediate. 12-14 can play 2 of the 3 divisions Majors, Intermediate or Juniors.
Registration fees are $120 per player in Intermediate and $150 per player in the Junior division. Full uniform including pants are included in the registration fee. Times are expected to be the same as last year being Monday and Friday nights plus Sunday afternoons. Our season runs from April 3rd to June 17th with tournament ball into July. Combined (Victoria) Little League tournament teams receive a bye into provincials.
The 2016 season saw great success not only winning provincials but with our families meeting other families from Vancouver during the season and across Canada at Nationals. When we hosted each other we even held a free meal for everyone. It was an amazing experience for both players and parents to see not only some great baseball but also how to engage with other players and families to learn how we all share in the passion for community. Little League at Central Saanich is about more than just baseball. We want to build kids with good strong values so that when they go out in the world they can be depended upon.
Registration starts on January 26th. We are now starting to make plans with other leagues. Please CONTACT US WITH YOUR INTENTION TO REGISTER as soon as you can. This will help us to provide the best possible program for your families.